Metal stamping is a widely used manufacturing process that has been around for centuries, but it’s still popular today due to its cost-effectiveness, efficiency, and precision. It has two types such as standard and custom metal stamping.
Among these, custom metal stamping offers the advantage of precision and accuracy while allowing users to create their own designs. Unlike standard metal stamping, which involves a fixed set of tools and processes, custom metal stamping provides greater flexibility in design and production. It enables the creation of parts with complex geometries that the user specifies. Additionally, it can reduce tooling, labor, and time-to-market costs for the product. In this article, we’ll be exploring the different types of metal stamping, their benefits, and the few key differences between them.
Know About Custom Metal Stamping
Metal Stamping: Standard Vs. Custom Metal Stamping
Metal stamping is a cold-forming process that uses dies and stamping presses to produce parts by placing a stamping tool in contact with a metal sheet and forcing it into the desired shape. Unlike other manufacturing processes, metal stamping can yield multiple identical parts quickly and economically. Looking at the differences between two metal stamping types helps you choose the right one for your needs.
Critical Differences Between Standard & Custom Metal Stamping
- Custom metal stamping is an excellent choice for customers needing high-quality and reliable parts. But some customers may need more money or time constraints to choose custom over standard metal stamping.
- The difference between standard and custom metal stamping is that, with standard stamping, you can use pre-existing tooling, and with custom stamping, specialized tooling is required.
- Custom tooling requires substantial research, development, and testing investment before it can be used in production. Standard metal stamping products have already been tested for specific applications.
Let’s understand more about these two metal stampings with their benefits.
Standard Metal Stamping
People think they have to customize everything to get ahead in the market. However, most standard components have been around for a long time and are begun as custom designs today. Standard metal stamping is the right choice when you need to mass-produce components in a short time. This method has been tested and used for many years, so it’s reliable.
Standard Metal Stamping Benefits
- Plenty of Choices : You can choose from a variety of components in different sizes and shapes to meet the needs of various industries.
- Finish : Choose the finish of the product that suits you best, depending on how you plan to use it.
- Flexibility : Standard metal stamping makes it easy to customize components with many optional features, such as brackets, holes, and thread inserts.
- Custom-made: You can have your components delivered pre-assembled within the enclosure.
Custom Metal Stamping
Custom metal stamping is a process that involves the use of specialized machines and dies to shape various metal parts into specific shapes and sizes. This service is commonly required in several industries to fulfill high production demands, and the results usually meet customer expectations and requirements. For a company to provide excellent custom metal stamping, it must have high-quality tools. Companies like Zetwerk offer this service to be called the best.
Custom Metal Stamping Benefits
Custom metal stamping offers unique benefits to those who embrace it. A customized tool is more compatible, reliable, and durable than a standard product. If you need your item to be unique or personalized, part customizing is your best option.
- Compatibility : Often products can be compatible with the rest of your line. Parts production may need to be adjusted to ensure compatibility. Choosing suitable metal and customization options is vital to ensure that the parts you produce will work with other components. We at Zetwerk can help you find the right choices for your project.
- Ownership : At Zetwerk, we understand that your parts are unique to your company. That’s why we take extra care to ensure that your molds are only used for your parts. We know that you rely on us to provide high-quality parts, and we take that responsibility seriously.
- Accuracy : When you need precision-molded parts for reliable operation in robotics applications or medical devices, you can rely on professional custom services to meet your specific tolerances. Even in restricted situations where parts must perform as expected, you can be confident that custom parts will provide the necessary reliability.
- Reliability : Custom parts arise through close work of design and development throughout the process. At Zetwerk, your parts will be designed and tested to your standards. Working closely with you throughout the process ensures that your parts are affordable and ready when needed.
- Durability : Parts created using a molding process can be manufactured with the exact specifications you need to support your project. This can help ensure that the parts meet your standards regarding precision, durability, and any other requirements you have.
- Part Customization : Customizing metal stamping components allows you to design every detail to your specifications, and you’re not alone. Zetwerk is a trusted partner that helps with customizing parts to meet your needs.
Choosing a company to provide custom metal stamping services is not a decision that should be left to chance. You can prevent costly mistakes by learning more about our comprehensive service and taking advantage of our low-pricing policies.
We produce a wide range of stampings and the necessary tooling in the service industry. This can be manufactured at costs significantly less than most of our competitors.