Investment casting is a process where metal is heated and poured into molds. This method is chosen for its ability to produce parts quickly and affordably in robust, corrosion-resistant materials. For the aerospace sector, this also gives them access to rapid prototyping capabilities.
Zetwerk has a wealth of expertise working with clients in this sector, and we can produce a broad range of investment cast parts that meet the industry’s standards for quality and precision.
Application of Investment Casting
There are many applications for aerospace castings, from interior parts to exterior and interior sensors, motion control and actuation systems, hydraulic fluid system components, cargo systems, and landing and brake parts. The highest quality of engineering, production management, and 100% visual inspection is required for these components, from wax to final packing. Thanks to our on-site inspection of non-destructive testing (NDT) techniques, we can offer our customers a high level of assurance in our finished product.
Application of Investment Casting at Zetwerk
- At Zetwerk, we understand that the automotive industry requires parts that can withstand high temperatures and corrosive environments. That’s why we offer over different ferrous and non-ferrous alloys, including aluminum, stainless steel, tungsteen, and titanium. In addition to non-destructive testing, our foundry services include secondary operations like machining, heat treatment and surface finishing.
- At Zetwerk, we pride ourselves on being the leaders in aerospace investment casting. We work directly with our customers to design, produce, finish, and test the castings to ensure they meet the highest quality standards. Our skilled workers use state-of-the-art equipment, including semi-automatic wax presses, high-speed infrared shell drying tunnels, and 3D modeling tools. If there are any issues with the quality of the products after delivery, we will promptly send replacements.
How is Investment Casting Eco-friendly?
The investment casting process is one of the greenest industrial processes available. It doesn’t use any harmful substances and doesn’t generate any hazardous waste. The wax melted out of the ceramic molds used by aerospace casting businesses to create patterns is saved for later use. It’s considered an inert chemical, so it doesn’t have to be disposed of in a controlled landfill. However, ceramic slurry waste can be recycled for various purposes, such as filler for concrete or construction projects.
Steps involved in prototype Investment Casting:
There are four unique steps in the investment casting process as follows:
- Creating the pattern and mounting it.
- Assembly and Molding.
- Wax removal and mold casting.
How do you evaluate custom investment casting?
- A quality design process is essential for planning, construction, and prototyping to be effective. By using prototyping techniques and creating strict measurement tolerances, greater knowledge of how a product will function in the actual world can be achieved.
- Investment castings are produced by meticulously pouring molten metal into molds that have solid walls and surfaces on all sides. This process enables parts to be produced with extremely tight tolerances, increasing the functionality of complex individual components and systems of multiple parts.
Advantages of Investment Casting
Investment casting is usually one of the primary procedures for producing metal parts, even though other methods are accessible, in contrast to similar manufacturing processes like investment casting and sand casting. It can produce castings with a high degree of accuracy and precise detail. Due to its benefits over other manufacturing technologies, investment casting is more popular due to the factors listed below.
Investment casting’s design flexibility is its key benefit. It is especially well suited for intricate pieces, even those with complex interior shapes. Although there is virtually no restriction on the different materials used for investment casting, cast iron and aluminum alloys are the most often utilized materials.
Compared to other casting processes, investment casting provides more chances for quality control, which may result in fewer flaws in the final product. Investment casting is a dependable process that controls in addition to production inspection to make sure there are no flaws.
Custom Sizes with no limitation
Large and small castings can be produced using investment casting. Depending on the product size, the castings can range from a few to several. Both small components, up to 0.1 kg of an ounce in weight, and huge parts, up to 100 kilograms, can be cast.
Why choose Zetwerk?
We provide reasonably priced, high-quality investment castings for industrial and commercial use, including precision castings made of iron and non-iron, parts made of the majority of alloys and steel grades, and molds for both waxes and finished investment castings. Our production capabilities enable us to respond quickly to specific customer requests, and we also offer inspections of initial wax molds and finished investment castings.