Aluminum profiles are manufactured via a metal extrusion process, and the types depend on the requirements and applications. The extrusion method involves a pass of aluminum billet into a die with cross-sections. The result can either be a small pieced of extended versions. Different aluminum extrusions profiles are available based on thickness, shape, and size makes the construction and industrial fixtures easy and strong. Aluminum being highly versatile in features provides a
low-cost option to create aluminum profiles that offer durability, efficiency, and strength. Various aluminum extrusion profile types can be shaped at varying thicknesses. These aluminum profiles can include distinguishable intricate void spaces depending on the applications. A wide range of inner voids is available to enable automation applications and performance weight requirements. Let’s understand the most basic types of aluminum extrusion profiles.
COMMON ALUMINUM EXTRUSION PROFILES
While the types and designs of aluminum profiles depend on their applications, the main types of extrusion aluminum profiles are mentioned below.
Hollow Bram aluminum profiles are not designed with specific cross-sections. Instead, they come in a wide range of shapes with sub-classification for each profile. From rectangular beams, hollow top or bottom to square-shaped hollo beam profiles, these profiles are used to make the interior lightweight and strong. These extrusion profiles are used for constructional applications, industrial fixtures, horizontal support, etc.
Single Radius Profile
Single-radius aluminum profiles or SD profiles have a curved back and two straight surges making a quarter circle. Also come in solid, semi-solid, and hollow application requirements. They make the best choice for window frames and interiors. SD profiles are ideal for all weather and environments with sliding functionality and weather resistance.
L-shaped aluminum extrusion profile
L-shaped extrusion profiles are the simplest extruded form of aluminum used for various reinforcement purposes, construction projects, and multiple angles.
T Slot Aluminum Extrusion Profile
T-slot aluminum profiles are used to assemble and reassemble as per the structural requirement. The ability to add connection is considered the most popular construction and electrical systems profile. T-slot aluminum profiles are categorized into different extrusion series depending on the requirements. Most of the series is named by the size number. For instance, a 1-inch extrusion is called a 10-series, 1.5 inches extrusion is known as 15 series aluminum extrusion profile, and so on. Most industry experts suggest that 15 series aluminum profiles are ideal for manufacturing needs.
Technical specifications of 15 series t-slot aluminum extrusion:
- The 15 series aluminum extrusion ranged from 1.5”x 1.5” to 3”x 6”.
- The t-slots in the series have .322” slot widths which are modular to each other
- 15 series profiles are compatible with slot 7, just like 10 series extrusion profiles.
- Depending on the requirements, 15 Series accessories can be transitioned to a 10 Series.
- T-slotted 15 series profiles have an inside radius of .187 inches.
- For metrics profiles, 15 series aluminum extrusion profiles are measured in millimeters (30mm, 40mm, 45mm, and 60m)
T-Slot Aluminum Extrusion
TYPES OF 15 SERIES EXTRUSION PROFILES
1515 1.5″ x 1.5″ profile & 1515-LITE 1.5″ x 1.5″ profile
The 12-1515, 10-1515, and 11-1515 are ideal for protection, enclosures, work stations, tool carriages, and smaller machine frames. T-slots on four sides allow for the effortless mounting of accessories directly onto the structure without further machining.
1530 1.5″ x 3″ profile & 1530-LITE 1.5″ x 3″ profile
Profiles 1530 is an ideal general purpose for guards, tool carts, and machine frames. They are extruded with high inertial power in the “Y” axis. This allows higher structural integrity to form rigid structures.
1502 1.5″ x 1.5″ profile (2 adjacent closed sides, two adjacent open sides)
The 1502 profile has align-a-grooved to help in alignment projects when connecting two profiles. It is also compatible with 15 series fasteners. The two closed faces offer clean aesthetics and let themselves to displays, furniture, desks, and retail kiosk.
1504 1.5″ x 1.5″ profile (2 opposite closed-faced sides)
1504 is a 1.50” x 1.50” fractional 15 series square T-slot profile with two opposite open T-slots. The profile is smooth, making it resistant to dirt and debris buildup and easy to clean. In addition, the sequence of the T-slots allows support systems or panels.
In addition, t-slots on four sides allow for effortless support of branches straight onto the system without additional machining.
BENEFITS OF USING 15 SERIES ALUMINUM EXTRUSION PROFILE
- 15 series aluminum extrusions are designed for all the T-slots compatibility so that you can quickly build structures without any hassles.
- It can be combined with a wide range of other extruded products such as fasteners, brackets, hinges, and different sorts of connectors.
- 15 series extrusion profiles are highly suitable for applications like work benches, display racks, panel mount racks, and mount accessories, including switched rails and panels.
- These types of aluminum extrusions are ideal for assembling machine guards, fixtures, 3D printing machines, and custom displays.